1. Musical trio Khruangbin and singer-songwriter Leon Bridges announced their joint EP Texas Moon, scheduled for release on February 18th. “B-Side” was released as the EP’s first single and below is the music video for the song. This isn’t the first time Bridges and Khruangbin collaborated on a project. In 2020, they released Texas Sun. You can stream both albums and even order Texas Moon on vinyl, CD and cassette.
2. The Black Keys are back with a brand new single! "Wild Child" is from their upcoming album 'Dropout Boogie,' which is available for pre-order now. After the album's release on May 13th, The Black Keys will be on a national tour, performing in Los Angeles at The Forum on October 8th. The Black Keys is an American duo formed in 2001 by musicians Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney. 'Dropout Boogie' will be their eleventh studio album!
3. “Lemon Tree” is one of the latest singles from LA-based band Mt. Joy. The band, composed of Matt Quinn, Sam Cooper, Sotiris Eliopoulos, Jackie Miclau, and Michael Byrnes, debuted in 2016 with the widely popular single “Astrovan.” “Lemon Tree” was written mid-pandemic by the two guitarists in Mt. Joy, Matt Quinn, and Sam Cooper. Produced by Caleb Nelson, “Lemon Tree” was followed by the single “Orange Blood” a couple of days ago. The band announced their latest album, “Orange Blood,” will be released on June 17th via Island Records!
4. Next up is the artist who has been creating angelic music since 2007. Florence + the Machine’s debut album ‘Lungs’ was critically acclaimed after its release in 2009. Now, the group is back with the single “My Love.” The band, consisting of musicians Florence Welch, Isabella Summers, Rob Ackroyd, Chris Hayden, Mark Saunders, and Tom Monger, is coming out with their fifth studio album ‘Dance Fever.’ The record is expected for release on May 13th.
5. “A Real Thing” is the latest creation from the New Zealand band The Beths. The group is comprised of musicians Liz Stokes, Jonathan Pearce, Benjamin Sinclair, and Tristan Deck. The Beths signed to Washington D.C.-based label Carpark Records. The band will be heading to San Francisco this August to play Outside Lands!
6. "Everything's Electric" is the latest track from Liam Gallagher that will be on his upcoming album 'C'mon You Know.' Before Gallagher's solo career started, many knew Liam from his work as co-frontman of Oasis with his brother Noel. 'C'mon You Know' is expected to be released on May 27th via Warner and is Gallagher's third solo studio album.
7. Alice Merton's new single "Same Team" precedes the artist's upcoming sophomore album 'S.I.D.E.S.' The album, expected for release on June 17th, follows her critically acclaimed debut album 'Mint.' The singer-songwriter's first single, "No Roots," skyrocketed into an international success and went platinum in seven countries! Alice will be embarking on a European tour this fall to promote her new album!
8. This group recently performed at our 88FIVE Live Members Only event in February at The Echo! Legendary American rock band Spoon has just come out with their tenth studio album, ‘Lucifer On The Sofa.’ “Wild,” the fourth track off ‘Lucifer On The Sofa,’ was released earlier this year along with a music video directed by Ben Chappell and Brook Linder. Luckily, Spoon will be performing at the Hollywood Palladium on June 2nd!
9. “Haven’t Been Doing So Well” is the third track off Frank Turner’s ninth studio album ‘FTHC.’ The album, which stands for “Frank Turner Hardcore,” was released this past February via Xtra Mile and Polydor Records! The record features an incredible mix of musicians like Dominic Howard from Muse and Kevin Fennell of Guided by Voices. Before his solo career, Turner was the vocalist of the London-based band Million Dead. Frank will be accompanied by his full band, The Sleeping Souls, at their gig in Los Angeles this summer! The show will be at The Wiltern on July 30th with performances from opening acts Amigo The Devil, The Bronx, and Pet Needs.
10. Big Thief consists of singer-songwriters and guitarists Adrianne Lenker and Buck Meek, bassist Max Oleartchik, and drummer James Krivchenia. The band dropped their double album, Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You, this month! The quartet is currently on tour and stopping in Los Angeles for two nights in May, the 10th and the 11th at The Wiltern. "Simulation Swarm" was debuted by the full band on tour in 2021.