1. This group recently performed at our 88FIVE Live Members Only event in February at The Echo! Legendary American rock band Spoon has just come out with their tenth studio album, ‘Lucifer On The Sofa.’ “Wild,” the fourth track off ‘Lucifer On The Sofa,’ was released earlier this year along with a music video directed by Ben Chappell and Brook Linder. Luckily, Spoon will be performing at the Hollywood Palladium on June 2nd!
2. Portugal. The Man is composed of musicians John Baldwin Gourley, Zach Carothers, Kyle O'Quin, Jason Sechrist, Eric Howk, and Zoe Manville. The band recently released the single "What, Me Worry?" co-produced by Ryan Tedder, frontman of OneRepublic. The song comes from the band's upcoming album, their first record since ‘Woodstock’ in 2017. It is expected to be released in June. Portugal. The Man is currently wrapping up a tour with the groups Alt-J and Cherry Glazerr.
3. Next up is the artist who has been creating angelic music since 2007. Florence + the Machine’s debut album ‘Lungs’ was critically acclaimed after its release in 2009. Now, the group is back with the single “My Love.” The band, consisting of musicians Florence Welch, Isabella Summers, Rob Ackroyd, Chris Hayden, Mark Saunders, and Tom Monger, is coming out with their fifth studio album ‘Dance Fever.’ The record is expected for release on May 13th.
4. “Broken Horses” is the fourth song on Brandi Carlile’s 2021 album ‘In These Silent Days.’ She has seven studio albums under her belt so far. In the past year alone, Brandi not only released a celebrated album, but she has gone on to perform as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live and released a memoir! You can see Brandi Carlile at the Greek Theatre on June 24th and 25th with special guests Lucius and Celisse.
5. Cult-favorite musician Mitski has just released her newest album 'Laurel Hell.' While Mitski was launched into the mainstream over the past couple of years, her latest songs show no end to her grassroots talent. Following "Working for the Knife," "The Only Heartbreaker" was the second single released supporting her new album.
6. Japanese Breakfast is the otherworldly-sounding project led by musician and author Michelle Zauner. "Slide Tackle" is off the latest album 'Jubilee,' which dropped last year. 'Jubilee' is Japanese Breakfast's third album, following the 2017 record 'Soft Sounds from Another Planet.' The band will be coming to Southern California this April for Coachella!
7. Big Thief consists of singer-songwriters and guitarists Adrianne Lenker and Buck Meek, bassist Max Oleartchik, and drummer James Krivchenia. The band dropped their double album, Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You, this month! The quartet is currently on tour and stopping in Los Angeles for two nights in May, the 10th and the 11th at The Wiltern. "Simulation Swarm" was debuted by the full band on tour in 2021.
8. "Everything's Electric" is the latest track from Liam Gallagher that will be on his upcoming album 'C'mon You Know.' Before Gallagher's solo career started, many knew Liam from his work as co-frontman of Oasis with his brother Noel. 'C'mon You Know' is expected to be released this year and is Gallagher's third solo studio album.
9. "This Is A Photograph" is the title track from Kevin Morby's upcoming album. Morby has released six solo studio albums but was also a part of the band Woods and The Babies. 'This Is A Photograph' is set to be released via Dead Oceans on May 13th! Kevin is embarking on an international tour in May, and you can see him at the Belasco Theater on October 1st!
10. Trousdale is a Los Angeles-based band comprised of musicians Quinn D’Andrea, Georgia Greene, and Lauren Jones. The song “Love” is off their 2021 EP ‘What Happiness Is.’ Earlier this year, Trousdale released the song entitled “Do Re Mi.” The group is playing at the iconic West Hollywood venue, The Troubadour, on April 28th!