1. Long Beach trio Tijuana Panthers released their sixth studio album, 'Halfway to Eighty,' last Friday! The band, consisting of bassist Daniel Michicoff, guitarist Chad Wachtel, and drummer Phil Shaheen, is not new to the Southern California music scene. They will be celebrating the tenth anniversary of their debut studio album, 'Semi-Sweet,' next year! Tijuana Panthers will be playing a record release show on July 10th at Zebulon Cafe Concert. You can experience the 11 brand-new tracks live, including "False Equivalent," which has been showcased this month on 88.5 FM!
2. "Skinny Dipping" is off L.A. Exes 2021 debut album, 'Get Some.' The female supergroup is composed of musicians Sam Barbera, Jenny Owen Youngs, Rachel White, and Steph Barker. You may recognize some of those names from their various musical endeavors. For example, Jenny Owen Youngs has been creating music since 2005. The singer-songwriter has collaborated with a multitude of artists and has had her music featured on TV shows like BoJack Horseman. L.A. Exes will be performing a three-show run at The Echo next month! You can catch them live on July 11th, 18th, and 25th!
3. Spill Tab, born Claire Chicha, has released dreamy and genre-bending music since 2019. The Los-Angeles based artist is back with two new singles, the first since her 2021 EP 'Bonnie.' The widely celebrated EP is her second one to date and features artists such as Tommy Genesis and Gus Dapperton. We can expect to hear Spill Tab perform her two latest songs, "Sunburn" and "Splinter," at The Roxy on September 9th, where she will be joined by east-coast duo Boyish!
4. Cayucas was formed by twin brothers Zach and Ben Yudin in Santa Monica about a decade ago. Since then, the duo has been busy creating countless songs on four studio albums, their most recent single being "Topo Ride the Wave." The band has confirmed that they are recording their fifth studio album with producer Joe Chiccarelli at Hollywood's Sunset Sound. You can catch Cayucas on Thursday, July 28th, at The Troubadour!
5. "Good Day" is the second single from Southern California's own Calling Cadence! Fronted by Rae Cole and Oscar Bugarin, Calling Cadence has been in the spotlight since the release of their eponymous debut album this past May. The 15-track record features acclaimed musicians Josh Adams, Mitchell Yoshida, Elijah Thomson, and Gabe Noel. The band prides themselves on the fact that they recorded, mixed, and mastered their album completely analog and straight on tape. You can listen to Calling Cadence live at their appearance at The Mint on July 16th with musician Donovan Keith!