For this Hear At Home episode, Afternoon host Andy Chanley talks with Arcade Fire keyboardist and solo-artist, William Pierce Butler. In the video, Andy and Butler chat about Butler’s newest album, ‘Generations’, and his process behind the making of the album. They also discuss Butler’s decision to create “Surrender,” the album’s single, and the headspace he was in while making the accompanying music video.
88FIVE Live at Drive-In OC presents Dawes on Saturday, October 17th, at City National Grove of Anaheim!
Dawes will perform LIVE in support of their new album Good Luck With Whatever, out this Friday. Enjoy this innovative concert from the comfort of your car!
Tickets go on sale to the General Public Friday, October 2nd, at 10:00 AM HERE.
All CDC and State of California guidelines will be followed, and Drive-In OC is working closely with both Orange County and the City of Anaheim to ensure this event meets or exceeds all recommended standards. Event staff will be wearing PPE and patrons are highly encouraged to do so as well. State guidance on social distancing, public gatherings and certain procedures and practices is subject to change. The safety and wellness of our guests and staff are our top priority.
Event will take place rain or shine.
Check out the Drive-In OC experience
Audio will be available via traditional PA system & FM radio. The FM frequency will be announced when you arrive at the show.
- Your entire party must be present when your vehicle enters the venue. No late additions to your party will be permitted.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed at Drive-In OC events.
- All ages are welcome to join Drive-In OC events.In an effort to promote a contactless experience, there will be no on-site box office; all tickets should be purchased in advance on AXS.com.
- Please arrive early to expedite entry and allow yourself plenty of time to get settled before the show. Check the event details for parking lot opening times for your show.
- The main entrance is located at: 2200 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806.
- The number of passengers in your vehicle must not exceed the number of safety belted seats. It is recommended that you only share a vehicle with household members with whom you have been sheltering in place.
- For your safety and the safety of others, gates will close 15 minutes after the headlining act has taken the stage.
- Please arrive on time. No refunds will be granted.Vehicles are subject to search upon entry.
- The driver must wear a face covering upon entry at the venue gate.
- Printed tickets or mobile tickets will be accepted.
- We all love Fido, but unfortunately, no pets are allowed except for trained service animals.
- Vehicles and trucks must fit in a single, standard parking space. Passenger vehicles only (maximum 7 people). The number of passengers in your vehicle must not exceed the number of safety belted seats. No bicycles, motorcycles, buses, RVs, trailers, limousines, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
- Guests will be parked on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to specific placement by parking staff based on vehicle type and height.
- Vehicles may back into spaces. However, if you wish to open the rear hatch, it may not be any higher than the roof of your vehicle.
- Vehicles will be spaced 10 feet apart & staggered to achieve distancing and optimal sightlines. That means you will have approx. 150 square feet of space on the driver's side of your car. Folding chairs and blankets are permitted in this open space.
- Your car engine and headlights must be off when the show starts.
- If you need assistance, please DM @CityNationalGroveofAnaheim on Instagram and/or use your hazard lights.
- In case of emergency you may leave at any time. Please look for a staff member to assist you in exiting. Re-entry is not permitted.
- To use the venue restrooms, enter the virtual queue. You will be notified when it is your turn - please plan accordingly.
- In addition to the sanitized and capacity regulated restrooms inside the venue, there will be Porta Johns for guests who cannot do no not wish to wait in the virtual queue.
- Individuals leaving their designated space during the performance are required to wear a face-covering.
- In addition to the sanitized and capacity regulated restrooms inside the venue, there will be Porta Johns for guests who cannot or do not want to wait in the virtual queue.
- Meal kits and snack boxes will be available for pre-order during your ticket purchase.
- Food, beverages (beer, wine, cocktails, hard seltzer, soda, water), and artist merchandise will be available on-site and delivered to your vehicle.
- Due to recently announced California state regulations, to purchase alcohol at the event, your cart must also include a food item.
- Please act responsibly and designate a driver.
- Please observe the “pack it in, pack it out” rule - take your trash with you and dispose of it at home.
The following are prohibited at Drive In OC events:
- Outside food & beverage (exception for 1 sealed water bottle per guest)
- Grills or fryers
- Kerosene lamps or open flames of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Tents, stand umbrellas, and tarps
- Use of drones
- Wagons and strollers
- Tripods or recording devices
- Professional cameras (DSLR, detachable lenses)
Please note that failure to follow appropriate social distancing and any of the above guidelines may result in ejection from the event.
Drive-In OC has taken enhanced health and safety measures for our fans and staff. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Drive-In OC at City National Grove of Anaheim.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Drive-In OC at City National Grove of Anaheim, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy.