1. Los Angeles local Phoebe Bridgers has a new single out! "Sidelines" was released this April and will be included in the upcoming Hulu adaptation of Sally Rooney's book, "Conversations with Friends." The track marks one of Phoebe's first original songs since her 2020 sophomore album 'Punisher.' Bridgers will be wrapping up her ongoing tour on August 28th in her hometown of Pasadena at the This Ain't No Picnic Festival!
2. Between Friends is the project of siblings Savannah and Brandon Hudson. The duo has been releasing music as Between Friends since 2017. Their debut album 'i like when you shine!' premiered last year. 'Shiny' is the 8th track off the aforementioned mixtape. Luckily, the two will be reappearing this year with their new project, 'cutie,' dropping this summer!
3. "Told Ya So" is the debut single of the Los Angeles/Vancouver-based band The Matchstick Skeletons. Formed by drummer Matty Carolei and vocalist/multi-instrumentalist Neu Mannas, the duo would later appear as a full band with the addition of musicians Ryan Stead and Cole Friesen. The band's debut LP 'Change The Channel' was released last year via their eponymous record label, The Matchstick Skeletons (TMS Music.)
4. Sunny War has been a celebrated musician for years now. The guitarist and singer-songwriter's debut album, 'Worthless,' arrived in 2014. Since then, Sunny has released five more albums, including her most recent record, 'Simple Syrup.' Featured on 88.5 FM this month is her song "Gotta Live It" off her critically acclaimed 2018 album 'With the Sun.' Sunny War will be on tour for the next few months and is appearing at the Joshua Tree Music Festival this May!
5. Brothers Shmuel and Bentzi Marcus formed 8th Day in 2004. The band's massive following, specifically in the Jewish music scene, led to the group's long career along with their hit song "Ya'alili." With nine studio albums to date, 8th Day has played hundreds of shows worldwide. "Rollin'" is the second song off their 2021 album, 'Lucky.'
6. Christian Lopez, a singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, released "Sick Of Me" on his most recent album 'The Other Side.' Music engineer Robert Adam Stevenson produced the collection of 12 songs. Released last year via Paradox Records, 'The Other Side' is Lopez's third studio album after a four-year hiatus. The artist frequently tours around the United States and was named "Best Newcomer" in 2015 by Rolling Stone at the Americana Music Festival!
7. Dear Boy is a Los Angeles-based band composed of musicians Ben Grey, Austin Hayman, Lucy Lawrence, and Keith Cooper. One of their current singles, "(On My) Mind," is presently an 88.5 FM favorite! The band says they completed their debut full-length album in 2020, and after signing to Last Gang Records last year, the group is anticipated to release the record this year!
8. Singer-songwriter and musician Joey Dosik will be playing a hometown show on May 28th at The Troubadour! Dosik's title song on his Deluxe EP 'Game Winner,' was released back in 2018. His recent album, 'Inside Voice,' was released that same year via Secretly Canadian. The musician announced that he would be putting out new music next week, so stay tuned!
9. The song "Pushing Away" was released last year by Californian artist Junior Mesa. "Pushing Away" marks the first song on Mesa's newest EP, 'Cirque Du Freak.' Junior has been putting out music for the past three years, starting with their debut EP 'Peace' in 2019. Mesa also just wrapped up a nationwide tour with the Dublin-based band Inhaler!
10. Sonja Midtune is an artist and songwriter who has performed at venues all over California. Her most recent EP, 'Dreams Melt Away,' contains original songs like "Los Angeles" and "Pretty Please." Although Sonja isn't performing live right now, she teaches songwriting at Cal Poly Pomona and has announced that she has ten songs scheduled for release this year!
11. Last but certainly not least, this artist has been concocting hit songs for years now. Zella Day's debut album, 'Kicker,' was released via Hollywood Records in 2015. After 'Kicker' became extremely successful, Day performed at many concerts and made television appearances on shows like Conan and Late Night with Seth Meyers. "Golden" is one of Zella's newest singles from her highly anticipated sophomore album, expected to drop via Concord Records!