88.5 FM: Navigating COVID-19
A message from 88.5 FM
88.5 FM is here for you during this difficult time. We will remain dedicated to being your primary place to be inspired & uplifted by the world’s best musicians. When possible, we will also provide important news updates. You can trust us to continue working hard to be the oasis of great music and musical content you rely on, especially now. 88.5 FM is your radio family and we will get through this together.
Official Government Links
There are key differences between self-quarantine and self-isolation. Here’s what the new orders mean for you:
- Required for anyone exposed to a person diagnosed with or likely to have COVID-19.
- You must stay in quarantine for 14 days from the last time you had contact with the ill person.
- You cannot leave your place of quarantine for all 14 days.
- Only exception to leave quarantine is to receive medical care.
- If you develop even mild COVID-19 symptoms, you must self-isolate at home and away from others.
- Required for anyone diagnosed with or showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within 14 days of being in close contact with a person who had or was believed to have COVID-19.
- Self-isolation period must last at least 3 days without symptoms, including being fever free without taking medicine, and 7 days since symptoms started, whichever is longer.
- Notify anyone you’ve had close contact with while symptomatic to self-quarantine themselves.
- Only exception to leave self-isolation is to receive medical care.
Los Angeles County is relying on its residents to respect and follow these health orders without enforcement by peace officers out of caution for their own health and safety and that of the greater community. Residents’ cooperation with the health orders is critical as we work to flatten the curve and move beyond the pandemic. We’re in this together.
The public should be aware of and use the following tips and guidance, provided by DMH and the Department of Public Health (DPH):
Know the Signs
Stress during an infectious disease outbreak can be demonstrated as:
- Fear and worry about personal health and the health of loved ones
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Difficulty concentrating
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco or other drugs
There are some people who may experience stress more acutely during this time. For example:
- Older people and individuals with underlying health conditions who are at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19
- Health care providers, first responders and other individuals who are on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response
- People with mental health conditions and substance use disorders
- Children and teenagers.
Practice Healthy Habits
Individuals feeling confined and claustrophobic under the Safer at Home order should begin and follow healthy routines in order to manage anxiety and stress. The following is a list of helpful tips:
- Connect with loved ones by reaching out virtually: call, text or video chat family and friends;
- Set a limit on media consumption and stay informed by referring to credible sources for updates on the local situation;
- Take care of your body by getting proper sleep, eating well and exercising regularly at home. Try an exercise app;
- Make time to relax. Deep breathing exercises and meditation or yoga can greatly help. Try a mediation app, start a new hobby, or finish projects that have been put off.
- Do not use drugs or alcohol to numb anxieties.
- Stay focused on your personal strengths and maintain your purpose.
- Join and participate in virtual communities based on your interests and hobbies.
- The County offers a broad range of services to support you and your loved ones.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed, there is support available 24/7. Call the Department of Mental Health at 1-800-854-7771.
- Visit the Department of Mental Health website for Coronavirus/COVID19 Mental Health Resources
- People struggling with substance abuse can reach out to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 (TTY 1-800-846-8517).
- The Los Angeles County Sheriff Department’s Mental Evaluation Teams (MET) provide compassionate field intervention in situations involving Sheriff’s deputy contacts. MET teams (a deputy with a clinician) service all of Los Angeles County. If you need MET assistance for a mental health crisis, call your local Sheriff’s station or law enforcement agency, who will contact the MET Triage Desk.
- Another supportive service is the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233) and 800-787-3224 (TDD).
Things To Do While Sheltering In Place
Orange County Beach Closures
Back to Top
Restaurants Open for Takeout/Delivery
Our Restaurant Partners that are open for business in various capacities via carry-out, pick-up and delivery. Thank you for supporting the businesses that support 88.5 FM.
Los Angeles restaurants, curbside services and take out with Grubhub and other delivery services:
- Birdie G’s, Santa Monica
- Bosscat Kitchen & Libations, Los Angeles
- Cassia, Santa Monica
- Comoncy, Sherman Oaks
- Coral Tree Café, Encino
- Du-par’s Restaurant & Bakery, Farmers Market
- Eggplantation, Newhall
- Esters Wine Shop & Bar, Santa Monica
- FORMA, Santa Monica
- GASOLINA cafe on Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills
- Golden Road Brewery, Los Angeles
- Huckleberry Bakery & Café, Santa Monica
- Lola’s Café, Ladera Ranch
- Los Toros, Chatsworth
- Magee’s Kitchen, Farmers Market
- Milo & Olive, Santa Monica
- Milo SRO, Santa Monica
- Panera Bread
- PASTA SISTERS, Culver City
- PF Chang’s, Sherman Oaks, Thousand Oaks, Torrance, Rancho Cucamonga, and Woodland Hills
- Sagebrush Cantina, Calabasas
- Stonefire Grill
- Sweet Rose Creamery, West LA
- Tallula’s, Santa Monica
- The Empanada Maker, Irvine
- The Sherman, Sherman Oaks
- Tuning Fork, Studio City
- Woodlands, Chatsworth
- Woodranch BBQ & Grill, Northridge
- Yard House, Northridge
- Eater LA's - Running List of LA Restaurants Expanding Delivery
Orange County restaurants, curbside services and take out with Grubhub and other delivery services:
- Avilas Mexican (All Locations)
- Bosscat Kitchen, Newport
- Buena Bueno, San Juan Capistrano
- Citrus City Grill, Orange
- California Pizza Kitchen, Santa Ana
- Del Frisco’s Grill, Irvine
- Dunkin' (All locations- Santa Ana, Irvine, Mission Viejo, San Clemente, Lake Forest, Tustin, Villa Park, Yorba Linda, Garden Grove, Laguna Hills, Fountain Valley, Westminster, Foothill Ranch)
- Famous Daves BBQ
- Golden Road Brewery, Orange County
- Bagels and Brew, Mission Viejo
- Haven Craft Kitchen and Bar, Orange
- Lemonade, Huntington Beach
- Luna Grill, Irvine
- Nicks, Laguna Beach
- Ruby's Streamliner Lounge, Orange
- Snooze Eatery, Orange
- Watson’s Café, Orange
Back to Top
Businesses Hiring Right Now
Back to Top
Resources for Musicians & Songwriters
Back to Top
Businesses hiring for essential jobs, and restaurants open for take-out / delivery, may be included on our website at no cost:
Please e-mail business name & link to [email protected]